One of the easiest ways available to figure out who's calling and to block numbers
CallDetector delivers a complete phone call management solution to stop unwanted calls from companies and personal contacts. Developed exclusively for TracFone Wireless devices and compatible Android phones, CallDetector is a robust solution to finally put an end to annoying telemarketers, scams or that one night stand who can’t take a hint. Constructed with the latest monitoring and caller identification protocols, CallDetector empowers users with flexible control options.
Traditionally, prepaid mobile phones offer limited apps and functions. This is especially true when it comes to monitoring and managing incoming calls. CallDetector aims to reclaim the right to privacy, which is a significant concern for prepaid phone users. With its advanced features and robust framework, CallDetector makes it possible to finally stop the incessant attempts by unscrupulous companies and individuals by stopping their calls for good.
CallDetector Features and Options
Caller ID and rudimentary blocking apps aren’t new. In fact, these features are as standard as speed dial for modern smartphones. However, CallDetector isn’t a repackaged caller ID system. Designed to intuitively identify and categorize incoming calls, this intuitive app offers several layers of protection.
Unlike standard caller ID, which only relays the phone number and associated name of the caller, CallDetector not only tells you who’s calling, but why. Made exclusively for CallDetector, CallerYD identifies the caller name or business, but most importantly, defines the purpose of their call.
Leveraging their active database of phone numbers, CallDetector lets you know if the caller is a known telemarketer, scammer or friend. Fortified with a powerful algorithm, gone are the days of not knowing who’s on the other end of the call.
Not sure who called? Use the in-app Reverse Number Lookup feature. Simply type any phone number in the search box and discover whether the caller is a friend or foe. It’s important to note that this feature only works for publicly registered phone numbers. Private or unregistered phone numbers aren’t searchable.
Along with its innovative identification protocol, such as Robocall Detection and ScamBlock, CallDetector takes action against abusive and illegal callers. Not only are known telemarketers and scammers automatically blocked, but filing a complaint with the FTC’s Do Not Call Registry is quick and effective.
In the app, select the unwanted caller and press the thumbs down button. Next, select an appropriate complaint and add personal notes about your experience. Finally, submit the complaint. This official complaint is reviewed by the FTC and adds the number to the internal block list.
Although CallDetector is an exclusive development for TracFone Wireless brands, PrivacyStar offers versions for other Android and iOS devices. It’s important to note that certain features and functions, such as CallerYD and Reverse Number Lookup, aren’t available for all devices.
- Block callers based on categories, such as political calls, telemarketers and collection agencies
- Quickly file complaint with the FTC
- Enhanced caller ID
- Free subscription for TracFone Wireless brand devices
- Free trial for non-TracFone devices
- Standard Android and iOS versions have limited features
- Annual subscription required for enhanced features
- Only compatible with certain devices and operating systems
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.